[ANN] ngx_memc v0.12: improvements in the last 8 months

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:59:16 MSD 2011

Hi, list!

I've just released ngx_memc v0.12, which includes various improvements
in the last 8 months:

  http://github.com/agentzh/memc-nginx-module/downloads

Here's the complete change log for this release:

* fixed the spots that trigger the unused-but-set-variable warning by gcc 4.6.

* added more debug information when memcached sends back "invalid" responses.

* we now document the timeout units properly. it should default to seconds.

* now we use the 2-clause bsd license.

* added an error message when no upstream backend is found in
"memc_pass $backend".

The ngx_memc module extends the standard memcached module to support
almost the whole memcached ascii protocol. And it can be used with
either the standard memcached server or other backends supporting the
memcached wire protocol like TokyoTyrant.

Maxim Dounin's excellent ngx_http_upstream_keepalive module can also
be used with this module to provide a powerful connection pool for
memcached.

See ngx_memc's wiki page for more details:

  http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpMemcModule

This module is included and enabled by default in our ngx_openresty
bundle: http://openresty.org

Enjoy!
-agentzh