rewrite proxy flag set problem

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Mon Mar 26 13:38:43 UTC 2012

On 26 March 2012 13:27, niraj <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Hi
>     Let me clear my question again.
>     My current problem is  if I used the rewrite rules  my site is
> working(this is my testing machine so Ip just like 192.168......), but
> problem is it not show the original server Ip , instead it show the
> at client side, I want to hide this Ip

Yes - as I explained, that's because you were using a redirect with an
http:// prefix. That's what it *does*.

> want to show the original server IP when redirect happened.
> Hope you clear with my requirement.

"Requirements" are what you give to people you're *paying* to help you.
I think you mean "this is what I'm try to achieve" ... ;-)

> Now I have set this  in nginx, I just give u my nginx configuration
> details as below
> server {
>    listen       80;
>    server_name  localhost;
>    #charset koi8-r;
>    #access_log  /var/log/nginx/log/host.access.log  main;
>    location / {
>        root   /var/www/vendx/html_asp;
>        index  index.html index.shtml;
>    }
>    location  \.(js|css|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|ico|html|xml)$ {}
> location /auction/ {
> proxy_pass;
> }

I think I've already suggested the small change that you need to try
here. Read my previous email again.

> I am getting the following error  when redirect happened

Are these errors in the nginx logs? Ort the logs on In
response to what single initial request *exactly*?
Have a read of
and the rest of that document - it may help.