Nginx Load Balancing Two Squid Forward Proxyies

Francis Daly francis at
Wed Oct 29 13:42:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:23:48PM +0000, Alexander.Eck at wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm trying to get nginx to work as a load balancer for 2 squid forward proxies. I'm running nginx 1.6.2 on a Centos 7 64bit machine. Here's my config:
> I'm using my nginx in the proxy settings of my internet explorer and try to visit e.g.<> .

nginx is not a http proxy server; and nginx does not speak to http
proxy servers.

You might be able to find a set of configs which mostly does what you
want; but you will probably be much happier if you use a tool which is
designed to do what you want, so that you won't be fighting it.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at