Nginx - API Gateway is not forwarding the request to Auth Service

zaidahmd nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Apr 11 07:51:37 UTC 2017

Hi maxim,

After implementing your valuable inputs I came across the following error in
my application.
Error: "Request 'GET /login' doesn't match 'POST /login"

  this means that nginx is sending GET requests to authentication service.

So the flow is as follows and is according to your valuable feedback.

1. I typed the nginx URL in browser "http://localhost:8180/api"
2. NGINX forwarded the request to "http://localhost:8080/login"
3. I get the above error in my auth service i.e "Request 'GET /login'
doesn't match 'POST /login"

This forwarded request to auth service should be a POST login

Alternatively,
if I type "http://localhost:8180/login", which is also a NGINX location, I
am able to see login page of my auth service.

I want the same for other nginx locaitons i.e. if the request is not
authenticated show login page of auth service. get the user authenticated
and then forward the requests to upstream server.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273515,273524#msg-273524