Our nginx module development roadmap (draft)

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 12:57:02 MSK 2010

On Nov 27, 2010, at 1:29 AM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> here's a handful of my ideas...
>>
>> I know it currently doesn't support it but perhaps investigating a way
>> to make a dynamic module loading module? :)
>>

> Dynamic module loading does not have a very high priority for our
> business requirements. But we surely love to see it happen.
>
> In our own ngx_lua based web applications, we take advantage of lua
> module's dynamic loading support to extend nginx with external .so
> files.

Well if any guys can make it happen it's you guys. :) with all your submodules I could see a definite demand for dynamic loading - right now it's not the easiest to be able to take advantage of all of them and cherry pick which ones are useful, not to mention having to recompile nginx each time you want to update even just one of them... I'm confident if there was a way to use your modules easier they'd get used a lot more. I'd probably mess around with some and more people would make recipes including them as they get adopted. I'm sure you know this though :)