enabling SPDY (patch 42) +nginx 1.3.2 breaks gzip

Valentin V. Bartenev ne at vbart.ru
Wed Jun 27 12:42:46 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 04:22:55 pgndev wrote:
[...]
> > But I don't think that it's a bug. Probably, it's a feature. Firebug just
> > isn't the right tool for low level debugging of browser-server
> > communication.
>
> I didn't realize that.  I'll dig for the right tool for myself.  Do
> you recommend anything in particular that's helpful in tracing nginx
> issues and reporting the results here?

One of the best tool for tracing nginx issues is its debug log, see guide
here how to enable it: http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html

It's also pretty useful tool for identifying problems in the config and
for understanding how the things works.

For debugging connections you may use low level tools like tcpdump/tcpflow, or
wireshark. Wireshark is also good for SSL/TLS.

 wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev