ngx_module_order directive

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jun 12 14:42:24 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 05:56:11PM +0000, Carey Gister wrote:

> I tried with and without quotes. The same result. My module is inserted in front of the copy filter module. I am writing a drop in replacement for the slice module. I want my module to be in front of the stream module.
> I build without specifying --with-http_slice_module.

Obviously enough, if you don't have the slice module compiled in,
trying to use module order relative to it won't work - because
there is no slice module.  You have to configure order related to
other modules as well.

Another problem is that ngx_module_order is only used for dynamic
ngx_module_order won't work for you.  And since the slice module
is a low-level module specifically positioned in the filter chain,
there is no equivalent module type.