回复:Fixed gzip_disable_degradation defined without NGX_HTTP_DEGRADATION (broken by 3b522d7a5b34).

杜叶飞(淮叶) yefei.dyf at alibaba-inc.com
Mon Dec 5 01:09:13 UTC 2022

OK, I get it. Thanks for your answer.
发件人:Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru>
发送时间:2022年12月5日(星期一) 04:13
收件人:nginx-devel <nginx-devel at nginx.org>
主 题:Re: Fixed gzip_disable_degradation defined without NGX_HTTP_DEGRADATION (broken by 3b522d7a5b34).
Hello!
On Sat, Dec 03, 2022 at 11:16:44PM +0800, 杜叶飞(淮叶) via nginx-devel wrote:
> I think gzip_disable_degradation needs NGX_HTTP_DEGRADATION in order to be consistent with where used.
> details: https://hg.nginx.org/nginx/rev/3b522d7a5b34 <https://hg.nginx.org/nginx/rev/3b522d7a5b34 >
The revision you've linked explains why this "#if" is not really
needed even if we are concerned about saving these two bits in the
location configuration structure (and we aren't really concerned
anyway).
Further, the patch you've suggested breaks binary compatibility
between nginx builds with and without the degradation module
without restoring appropriate flag in the binary signature. This
is clearly incorrect behaviour which can result in segmentation
faults or other unexpected behaviour if modules compiled with
different assumptions are loaded into nginx.