integrate mod_rewrite into http_script_module

Evan Miller emmiller+gmane at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:30:16 MSD 2007

Aleksandar Lazic <al-nginx at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have yust read into the russian list that Igor plans to integrate the
> mod_rewrite functions into the http_script_module.

Sorry for my confusion, but can you explain a bit more what Igor plans? Will we
be able to embed script directly into nginx.conf? Is mod_rewrite going away in
favor of http_script_module?

And when would the script block? Would it be accessing disk or the network to
get configuration? It might be nice especially for large sites to store
configuration information in an external file or database, and then access it
with an embedded script.

Evan