[SPAM] Re: mod_strip newline substitution problem

Raul Rivero rivero at raulrivero.es
Sun May 4 12:34:17 MSD 2008

Rt Ibmer wrote:
>> This is our first released module (called
>> ngx_http_html_clean_filter_module.c) and you could read the description
>> (in spanish) at:
>
> Thank you for posting this!
>
> Can this be used to strip unnecessary whitespace from .js files?
> For example:
>    var abc = "hi there";
> becomes
>    var abc="hi there";
>
> and
>   if (myvar = 'a b' && x = 3) return y == j ? y + 3 : y - 1;
> becomes:
>   if(myvar='a b'&&x=3)return y==j?y+3:y-1;

No, only deletes spaces at the beginning of the line. The module would
need a parser of JS to delete those spaces.

The target is deleted unnecesary spaces very-very fast in dynamic
elements (ex: html pages). We treated JS files like static and,
therefore, we processed them (ex: jsmin) before and store them in the
disc already clean and GZed.

Cheers,

> Will it work like this?  If so, am I right to assume I can use it with other modules like the on-the-fly gzip so that your module will first strip the unnecessary whitespace from my .js files and then the gzip module will do its compression on the stripped version?
>
> Thanks!!

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

Raul Rivero