mod_cgi for nginx - anyone?

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:57:04 MSK 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:50:47PM -0500, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
> I'm currently testing this with PHPmotion and it works perfectly using spawn-fcgi to get it started. Now I need to update the code to get Nginx upload progress bar in there as the one that comes with the scrip is meant for (cr)apache.
>
> I was wondering, Grzegorz, if there is some "algorithm" as to how to determine the optimal number of children to run.

Basically, the number of concurrent CGI requests you wish to serve and
then some (a single fcgiwrap does not multiplex multiple requests yet,
sorry). It's actually better to have a few slack ones (they are really
_very_ cheap, especially after the first one -- double-digit
_kilo_bytes).

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek