Cannot totally switch off caching

Alexander Kunz akunz at wishmedia.de
Tue Jul 2 13:07:19 UTC 2013

Hello,

Am 02.07.2013 14:37, schrieb imanenkov:
> Maxim Dounin Wrote:
>> If you want to change nginx configuration - just add
>> $upstream_cache_status variable to a log, it will show if a
>> response was from nginx cache (HIT) or was requested from a
>> backend.
>>
>> Other upstream-related variables may be interesting too, in
>> particular $upstream_response_time.  See here for more:
>
> I add new log_format in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:
> log_format main '$remote_addr - $remore_user, $upstream_cache_status :
> $upstream_response_time'
>
> and assign this formatter to access.log.
>
> On several times running on "caches/fast" site output is:
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.090
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.044
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.054
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.057
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.047
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.049
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 0.053
>
> wait some time (~2 mins), run again, and another string:
> 192.168.111.254 - -, - : 23.998

do you use a PHP framework? Most frameworks can cache also. What happens
if you request the page with a unique parameter which is not used by
PHP? Somethink like a random value at the end of your url
test.php?random=xxxxx

What happens on your page/script generally? 24 seconds is a long time.
Are you querying a database? Or filesystem operations? Perhaps it can
help you commenting out step by step in your PHP page/script.

What kind of sotware do you use for this load test? Is this
"192.168.111.254" your localhost? Or is it possible that there is a
proxy between your test server and load generator which is not bypassed?

It's not a nginx caching result.

Kind regrads

Alexander