Nginx upstream servers status

Sandeep L sandeepvreddy at outlook.com
Wed Jul 3 05:37:24 UTC 2013

@Parikh I tried with  proxy_next_upstream also but facing same issue.
Regarding fail_timeout I used values from 10s to 30s but facing same issue.
I used following configuration, just check and let me know If I am missing any thing.
upstream appcluster {  server host1.example.com:8080 max_fails=2 fail_timeout=10s;  server host2.example.com:8080 max_fails=2 fail_timeout=10s;}

server {                         listen *;                location / {                        proxy_pass  http://appcluster;                        proxy_next_upstream error timeout http_404 http_500 http_502 http_503 http_504 off;                        proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;                }}

Thanks,Sandeep.