Dropped https client connection doesn't drop backend proxy_pass connection

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jul 23 16:10:54 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:06:09AM +1000, Robert Mueller wrote:

> > > Yes, I haven't heard in a while what the status of this is. I'm
> > > currently using our existing patch, but would love to drop it and
> > > upgrade when it's included in nginx core...
> >
> > As far as I can tell the state is roughly the same (though patch
> > in question improved a bit).  Valentin?
>
> Still no update?

Valentin worked on this during his vacation, and submitted a patch
series for an internal review.  It didn't passed review though,
and needs more work.

> Any chance we can include the patch I developed in the short term, until
> Valentin's patch is ready? It definitely solves a real world issue for
> us, and by the sounds of it, it would for some other people as well...

I don't think it's a good idea.  Your patch definetely has
interoperability problems and will break epoll for kernels before
2.6.17.

http://nginx.org/en/donation.html