your mail

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu May 2 20:21:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 01:05:29PM -0700, Paul N. Pace wrote:

Hi there,

> Other than that, I tried to follow both guides to the letter. When I
> go to http://lists.example.com I get redirected to
> IE) and I get a 400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large.

Different redirection per client is unexpected. I'm guessing that the
browser cache wasn't cleared? It's frequently simplest to test using
"curl" to see exactly what response is sent.

> Any ideas on where to start looking?

Your nginx.conf almost certainly does a "proxy_pass" to the web server
that actually runs mailman.

I suggest you confirm that mailman is installed and working correctly
on that web server -- if it isn't, nginx won't help.

If the 400 error comes from nginx, there should be something in the logs
to indicate the nature of the problem.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org