bug in spdy - 499 response code on long running requests

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Apr 15 17:13:09 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 15 April 2014 12:50:35 nanne wrote:
> This is somewhat of an old one, but has there been any change on account of
> this possible bug? We have currently shut down SPDY to avoid this, but at
> the cost of... well.. shutting down SPDY ;)
>
> I have made a serverfault-topic about this by the way but currently the only
> things in there are my detailed problem/question, and my self-answer that
> refers to this thread. Nevertheless, for completeness the link:
> http://serverfault.com/q/523340/77501

As for the bug with deferred responding to PING, that could cause such
problems, then it was fixed around 1.5.9.

But since still nobody has provided a debug log, I cannot say for certain
that it's the same bug that all the people in this topic have experienced.

I'd recommend to you install the latest version and check if your problem
solved or not. In the latter case, please, provide a debug log.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev