nginx-rtmp-compile-for-windows error??? help

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Sep 22 02:06:49 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 07:55:12PM -0400, gdarceneaux wrote:

> Okay, i'm probably an idiot, but here is what I have done:
> 1. D/L latest nginx 1.9.4 source from http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/tags
> 1.9.4.zip
> 2. pcre8.36
> 3. zlib 1.2.8
> 4. openssl 1.0.2d
>
> And original configure runs fine. When i run the nmake -f objs/Makefile is
> when I get error. If I read your reply-post correctly, I've done everything
> you've said, but still fails openssl compile.According to your post the code
> should have been adjusted to use NO_ASM in openssl, but it still fails.

The important part is the "--with-openssl-opt=no-asm" configure
option as shown in the patch linked.  If you are using your own
./configure string, not the one from misc/GNUmakefile, make sure
to use this option as well.

Also please make sure you are using clean OpenSSL directory.

> So please explain how to use an already compiled openssl with an nginx compile
> where you don't use nginx to compile openssl.

It looks like I was mistaken and this is not something nginx can
easily handle on Windows.  (On UNIX, you just compile OpenSSL
yourself, and then run nginx's ./configure with appropriate
--with-cc-opt and --with-ld-opt.)

If needed, you still can compile OpenSSL on Windows yourself as
long as you use the same prefix as nginx expects.  That is, run
nginx's configure:

./configure --with-openssl=/path/to/openssl ...

Then compile OpenSSL yourself as documented in INSTALL.W32, and
using "openssl" prefix:

cd /path/to/openssl
perl Configure VC-WIN32 no-asm --prefix=openssl
ms\do_ms
nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak install

Then cd back to nginx and run nmake.

It should be enough to use the "--with-openssl-opt=no-asm" option
though, as recommended above.

http://nginx.org/