Possible memory leak?

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Thu Feb 28 23:00:00 UTC 2019

 That should do it, AFAIK a process cannot give back memory already allocated to the system.
I would be more than interested to know more about a different technique that doesn't involve a fork system call.

    Em quinta-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2019 19:28:00 BRT, Reinis Rozitis <r at roze.lv> escreveu:

 > My question still stands though, is there a way to solve that particular issue? It is
> causing us problems when the ram that Nginx is using doubles.

Theoretically if that’s a problem you could instead of a reload send USR2 and QUIT to the nginx process (http://nginx.org/en/docs/control.html) which should spawn a new master and the gracefully quit the old one.

Correct me if I'm wrong (actually haven't tested for memory usage).

rr