404 Error

petrosetta nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Jan 16 18:20:14 UTC 2019

Hi All
I have NGINX set up to pass requests to an upstream server. The home page
and several other pages comes up just fine. However, when the users requests
some reports that are in a directory just above the root directory on the
upstream server, we get a 404 error from NGINX. Below are the relevant
entries. We can see the reports when we bring up the site on the upstream
server itself. Is there any way to get NGINX to see the reports in that
directory?

   upstream devserver {
        server 192.168.1.22:80;
        }

location /dev/ {
            proxy_pass http://devserver;
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_read_timeout 600s;
            add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
            add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
            add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
            add_header Strict-Transport-Security
"max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains" always;
            }

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,282713,282713#msg-282713