How to patch and/or upgrade Nginx from source in production environment?

edflecko edflecko at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:21:44 UTC 2022

Thank you both for your replies.

While my server would be a production environment, it would only consist of
the single Ubuntu server and the single instance of Nginx that would be
running no more than 10-12 websites. The server is virtual, so any needed
changes would be scheduled and the server would be "snapshotted" so if any
changes break Nginx, the server would be easily rolled back.

The primary concern would be patching the running version of Nginx. I
subscribe to Nginx announcements, but I don't know the process to install
patches. Can anyone tell me the process and/or point me toward any
tutorials?

Ed