nginx-1.23.3 on Win Server wth HTTPS

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Jan 18 11:01:55 UTC 2023

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 08:51:18AM +0000, Kappes, Michael wrote:

Hi there,

> After unpacking the ZIP file I have a "nginx.conf" file which I edit, from line 98, the HTTPS server block starts there.

> C:\nginx\nginx-1.23.3>nginx -s reload
> nginx: [emerg] unknown directive "HTTPS" in C:\nginx\nginx-1.23.3/conf/nginx.conf:98

In that file,

	# HTTPS server

is a comment that should stay a comment.

You should uncomment and adjust the relevant lines that go from

	# server {

to the matching

	# }

> What do I have to do so that NGINX also accepts HTTPS connections?

Have a "listen" with "ssl", and the correct certificate information.

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/configuring_https_servers.html

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org