Why Nginx Doesn't Implement FastCGI Multiplexing?

momyc nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jul 20 03:55:03 UTC 2013

You clearly... err.

> 32K simultaneous active connections to the same service on a single
machine? I suspect the bottleneck is somewhere else...

I don't know what exactly "service" means in context of our conversation but
if that means server then I did not say that everything should be handled by
single FastCGI server. I said single Nginx server can easily dispatch
thousands of HTTP requests to a number of remote FastCGI backends.

> I am no among the developers at all

That's what I thought.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,237158,241047#msg-241047